Powerleveling.

Moderator: Officers

Raltheia

Powerleveling.

Post by Raltheia »

Hey guys n grrls.
I'm gonna be starting a new cleric toon soon and was hoping to get some tips on the quickest way to PL it up to 80's

Cheers.

Ral.
Vexo

Re: Powerleveling.

Post by Vexo »

Raltheia wrote:Hey guys n grrls.
I'm gonna be starting a new cleric toon soon and was hoping to get some tips on the quickest way to PL it up to 80's

Cheers.

Ral.
Pretend it's your first/only toon.
Aedryen

Post by Aedryen »

Druid PL to 50ish, then enc PL :)
Aedryen -The Everdying Druid
Civin - The Purple Bard
Nevyen - No-one...

Retired: Fladora, Healior
Gnobuff

Post by Gnobuff »

Cleric get's AE nuke at lvl 9, the trouble especially early on is going to be maintaining AE aggro on the pally on a whole lot of mobs.

Earlier on i'd just use skinspike pots on cleric and hit up either Tutorial or head to Kurns Tower (no runners) till around 14ish, then PC is still good tho you got to deal with runners (so pull 1, let it beat on you, then pull another, etc and keep a chain going).

CoM is really great for XP (and still a hotzone so get in fast), i'd go there from 22ish onwards. Pull mobs with pally stun (and DS pally with skinspike pots VIII or more) and keep pulling until first mob down to around 50pct, then head back to camp and 2 AE's (the lvl 9 one) from cleric and that should get all the mobs with hopefully not much aggro. At lvl 22 you're not gonna get many with the nukes (due to resists) - meleeing each is an option till you get one hit on each, just have a cycle target hotkey.

From lvl 56 or 57 you can grp with the pally and get xp (don't do AA XP tho) - Thalassius (current hotzone) should XP you pretty fast, but maybe check out the Undead island in Buried Sea also (hotzone also). Direwind is another for the undead tho isn't hotzone.

Good luck. Skinspike pots + any DS you can get makes the ride a lot faster.
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

enc PL? i wish to know more
Nuviana

pl

Post by Nuviana »

Dunno re these days, i do remem aaing in bot with my son's chanter back in the charm kite days.

It wasnt terribly fast, but it was xp.
Nuv

Because i am
Ghettaur

Post by Ghettaur »

My favourite method of powerlevelling is using damage shield on the high lvl char doing the powerlevelling.

It can be done by any class but classes with more damage shield make it easier, and the low lvl char can be any class but classes with AE dmg make it easier also.

The high lvl will pull a big train of mobs, as big as they/the zone can handle, I usually aim for as close to 100 mobs as possible depending on the zone. When the pull is gathered, place on as much dmg shield as possible on the high lvl - for non druid/mage/bard use shaman DS potion and you can also buy a 5 charge +25dmg shield potion from Shadowhaven. Make sure you have weapons off/are ducking so you can't ripo.

It works best if the high lvl can build up some sort of agro. Once you've built up some agro I then get to work on the twink doing at least 1 dmg to each mob. This may take a while for non AE classes. The twink will get exp as long as the pwr lvler has done no dmg to the mobs.

I usually do sol A from 20-38ish (takes ~ full 2 pulls), then undead lower guk to 46 (1-2 pulls), then plane of innovation until 54ish (1-2 pulls), then nadox until 65ish and i usually get lots of aa's as levelling up, the most has been about 20aa in 1 pull using no xp pot.

Post 65 this starts to take too long and you're better off finding other methods.

When I levelled my last char, my war, it was lv 65 with 500aa in around 1 day played I think.
Raltheia

Post by Raltheia »

So damage shield pots are the key ingredient by the sounds of things. ty all. I will give it a shot.
Nuviana

pl

Post by Nuviana »

Also use the cleric reverse ds.
Nuv

Because i am
Crescendo

Post by Crescendo »

Bard + Druid + Cleric = Mass PL team. Once you get the toon to about 70, Ranger HS the rest :)
Arrowmiss

Post by Arrowmiss »

Crescendo wrote:Bard + Druid + Cleric = Mass PL team. Once you get the toon to about 70, Ranger HS the rest :)
I can vouch for Cres being a PL God... he's put 5 levels and 100aas on alts of mine in one session.
Crescendo

Post by Crescendo »

LOL That doesn't sound impressive at all.

I think it was 65-70 and a 100 AAs on top of the 600 I already got you that week :P
Raltheia

Post by Raltheia »

You mention a zone, CoM for around 22ish? the only one i can think of is City of Mist but thats not it is it?
Tenam

Post by Tenam »

CoM does mean city of mist. It's a nasty zone for the level if you are trying to fight the stuff as the level 22. You would die rather quickly. The trick is to tank the stuff with your Paladin, and get plenty of agro, while you have a damage shield on you. Once you have plenty of agro, make sure to do at least one point of damage as the level 22 (and no damage whatsoever as your Paladin) before the mob kills itself on the damage shield.
Nuviana

pl

Post by Nuviana »

CoM is imo the best place to PL from low 20's til low 50s. As Tem stated , you round up half the zone on your main while wearing ds, take off weapons and keep sitting (this is the trick to letting stuff actually hit you. I spam Nuv's sit key).
While stuff is beating on you and dying to ds..make sure the toon you are pling lands a cpl points of damage on each mob. CoM is good upto 52ish as the kills are fast and easy . Just progress further back as you get higher level and into the castle.
Then head to Grieg's and repeat another 10 or so levels. :)
Nuv

Because i am
Darksiege

CoM

Post by Darksiege »

I totally agree with Nuvs post - ive done it myself. Also When i was in griegs i used my chanter to charm mobs.
Raltheia

Post by Raltheia »

cool! city of mist! here i come!
Raltheia

Post by Raltheia »

I had a crack at city of mist today and just wanted to say thank you for such awesome advice from 23 to 40 in only a few hours.

Much appreciated all :)

Ral.
Raltheia

Post by Raltheia »

Is there anyone in guild that can make the damage shield potions? How much would a stack cost? If I could trouble someone to make me some that would be great.

Got about 8kish plat left ;)