Vista overhead

Moderator: Officers

Vexo

Vista overhead

Post by Vexo »

Hi,

So, my new computer has Vista (until 7 comes out) and I wanna try to reduce some of the overhead... what kinda stuff can I turn off, if any?

Thanks!
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

And while we're at it... what's up with the computer sometimes freezing up, Explorer "graying out"/growing distant and then the computer just sitting there for an extended period of time? I've only had it happen once (right now), but my mom (who's had Vista for a few months) have been complaining about the exact same thing, asking me what it was.

The computer just came up with "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)".

Oh, the joys.
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Uh huh, that was from the DVD I inserted... cleaned it and auto-run picked it up!

Question still goes though...
Kofn
Site Admin

Post by Kofn »

what's up with the computer sometimes freezing up, Explorer "graying out"/growing distant and then the computer just sitting there for an extended period of time?
Well with such a detailed problem report...

Graying out, growing distant, just sitting there for extended periods of time.... I think your PC has Alzheimers/dementia something like that.
Vexo

Post by Vexo »

Kofn wrote:
what's up with the computer sometimes freezing up, Explorer "graying out"/growing distant and then the computer just sitting there for an extended period of time?
Well with such a detailed problem report...

Graying out, growing distant, just sitting there for extended periods of time.... I think your PC has Alzheimers/dementia something like that.
Of course it'd be something without a cure :/
Golgolath

Post by Golgolath »

http://tutorialninjas.net/2007/11/23/10 ... -up-vista/

I did most of these, seemed to help. This guide recommends you NOT turn off Windows Defender though, which is a load of shit. It's worthless
There are no atheists in a hen house.